During the Soviet Union's war in Afghanistan, the issue of the lack of special uniforms became acute. The mountainous terrain with strong winds demanded something more than the usual equipment for the Soviet soldiers. In 1981 the specialists created the "Gorka" suit based on the German experience. At the end of the war, the suit did not disappear, but due to its characteristics it remained in military units and became available to the civilian.
- Canvas fabric - the basis of the suit, reliably protects against rain, wind and any bad weather;
- Used cotton allows the body to "breathe" in the heat and feel comfortable;
- The masking color of the suit will make you inconspicuous;
- The jacket of the suit has an extension from the back and a free cut, so that you will not feel any inconvenience;
- The suit is adjustable and allows you to adapt it for different activities;
- A large number of pockets (depending on the model, in Gorka 3 five pockets in a jacket and six on pants);
- There are pads on the most wiped places for strength, knees are protected from stretching;
- There is a hood with adjustment and visor;
- Loose trousers with fixation elements, elastic band used in the belt and lower cuffs, complete with suspenders; Increased strength, such a suit is very difficult to tear or wear.
Hard Shell is the industry leading manufacturer of affordable and reliable Body Armor plates.